Saturday, February 2, 2008

Short Praises

It isn't often that I get the chance
To sit or lay and simply think about
All in my life that I am thankful for.

So I'll take this moment of solitude
And praise all those pleasantries that make days
Come and go just a little bit quicker.

My morning, evening, any time coffee
Stimulates my mind and motivates me
To press on when I think that I cannot.

The variety of writing utensils
That help me to put my thoughts into words
And save my brain from holding the info.

My recently refound dark blue beanie
Has been crucial this winter and saved me
From cold ears and awful days of bed head.

My noise cancelling headphones that I got
For my birthday make it possible to
Read books in the loudest of atmospheres.

When I was sixteen I traveled to Target
And purchased a messenger bag that still
Holds all my books, and stylishly too.

My laptop allows access to the Web
So even when I am out and about
I can look up info and check my mail.

Most important of all, the thing most dear
Is my amazing music playing phone
Though, small in size, awfully useful.

To all these things I sing a song of praise
And hope that they will all stay near to me
Because my life would be darker without.

No comments: