Saturday, February 23, 2008

rejoice in my saviors

Let me rejoice in my saviors not found among clouds.
For saviors are what we make of them.

Let underage readers rejoice in the secrecy of a library corner, I could hide for decades.
For they tried to hide Go Ask Alice.

Let Shi Tzu’s bounce around heaven so I’m amused when I get there.
For life has been lonely without my companion.

Let us rejoice in bagels and deliciously smooth creamy spread.
For it is my crack.

Let us rejoice in toilets, water and flickering lights.
For I would wave goodbye to my family if the 2-ply did not flush.

Let us rejoice in soap, candles, and Carmex.
For I may sleep still and quietly without you.

Let us rejoice in the competition of Chicago sports teams.
For the Cross-Town classic keeps my heart keep beating.

Let me rejoice in devotion to the Gyros place.
For a hot dog never tasted so good and the ketchup never runs out.

Let us rejoice in assessments of creative knowledge.
For without them I would have empty notebooks.

Let us rejoice, those with brothers, old, young and equal age alike.
For when you’ve lost yourself, they will find you, usually over breakfast.

Let us rejoice in tye-die, musicals and fluffy collective smoke.
For a best friend may have slipped away without one of three.

Let us rejoice over snowflakes, dusted trees and crisp air.
For without the hell of winter I could not appreciate the spring.

Let teammates and I rejoice in the smell of dirt, rubber and sweat.
For being raised on a diamond has made me who I am.

No comments: