Saturday, February 2, 2008

Applelicious

With ere o’er a month spent in your yearning
The absence of your sweet, cold shock my love
My stomach hath been churning, O’ Apple!
I longed for your hope in the cursed walls,
Of my post-industrial East German dorm
I’ve seen the sacrilege of your demise
And the foul thine lost evil spirits spake!
Fie! Against you Apple they blaspheme their stench
But I, my dear, in Granny Smith or Fuji,
In Red Delicious or Pink Lady’s kisses,
I love thee the most! Your heart sings so pure!
The virginal crunch of your skin splitting,
And tender but firm your natural clothes,
The delicate throws your celestial face,
The shepherds praise you with their gentle lyres,
Under Saturn’s sun they sing mythology
The telling tale of your lineage,
And ancestry! Of that first man’s mistake,
And all subsequent failures thereafter
‘Twas Abel’s stopping his kinsmen’s final breath
Hitler’s rule and spheres of Ptolemy
Humanity fell at your humble feet
And yet the juice of your sweat rights all wrongs
For when you toppled onto Isaac’s head
Of these things unsaid you did’st remind him
And how thus! You took us atop our moon!
And could see that reflected in our globe
Remains your image concentrically planned
O Apple! In your lovely curvature
We see in spades the fall and rise of man

No comments: