Saturday, February 2, 2008

Hymn of Praise...

Hymn of Praise: Trees, Green, & Elmer

O beautiful trees, how much I love thee
Standing tall and proud, in your great splendor
Branches reflecting such intricacies
Twisting, turning, spiraling, and yearning
The rings of your girth reveal your old age
Bark grown callous, all wrinkled with wisdom
Roots run deep gripping onto subtleties.
Treegirl I am down to my very soul
Praise unto thee, O magnificent trees
Tow'ring above Mother Earth still unseen.
Praise to you, Green--smitten I am with thee
A medication for this mind of mine
Altered perspective you grant unto me
Stricken I am with euphorization
Eternally bound, entranced by your feel
You penetrate deeply, beloved herb.
Victim of a psychotropic disease
I wander, I please--high above the seas
"You're the king of everything..." not I--
"...I am the [Queen] of none.*" So it is said.
Praise unto thee, sweet growth of lovely Green.
Praise unto Elmer, the goldfish we bought.
He swims through the coral and out the back
Doing tricksy fish tricks in limbo
Floating and chilling, staring and blinking.
Halt! Demonesque fish from the toxic seas
From Petco you came for twenty-nine cents
You stare and you blink, Elmer of the Reef.
We praise your instinct, emerge from the ring.
You glide and you know, whereever we go
Praising your shiny fins 'til the sun's rising.

*Part of this line came from the band Moe, "Sticks and Stones"

The three words I 'invented' are in italics

No comments: