Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Delta Cat Car

As cliché as this may be I must say

The girls that walk beside me and carry

The same letters on their chest are my saviors

The house that I now call a home away

From the one that I was so thankful for

Is a comforting part of this town and

Without these beautiful faces I would

Have no where to run from the pain and

Sorrows that follow me here every day

I am blessed with the comfort of money

And you may smirk at the idea that

This type of sisterhood doesn’t come for free

May I declare that I would never put

A price on the times they picked me up

Off of my scraped knees and wiped my tears

My mother could never take seventy

Girls plus and raise them as sisters that’s why

I am lucky enough to have found them

I am thankful for my blackberry as

Well as the calls it allows to come

In my direction while bored in classes

For my cat who is fatter than fat is

He takes after his namesake in that and

Shakes his hips just the same while singing

My red car gets me around every where

I need to be on time, except for when

It dies in the parking lot of jewel .

For that I am thankful for my mechanic

In town here named Jeff who answers my calls

At 1am and gets my car towed asap.

I am grateful for many things and

I cannot think of them all as of now

So please understand the briefness of my praise

No comments: