Thursday, February 21, 2008

An Ode to Project Runway

This poem is devoted to one of my guiltiest pleasures, Project Runway

Let everybody call me a fag hag
For I love gay men and I swear I was one in my last life
Let them call me a queer dear
for finding beauty and humour in their being
Let Christian Siriano collect his "bitches" and win every show
For I think he is the shit with his uberpunkalicious designs and his aerodynamic hair
Let Rami create something that isn't draped
For his designs are lovely, but I'm fucking bored with another draped dress
Let Chris March create something for a transvestite with huge tits
For it scares the crap out of me, but I love the drama
Let Tim Gunn scream the famed words, "make it work" in his supertight suits
For I think he is adorable with his tall, thin stature and his pushed down glasses
Let Sweet P spread the word of hippie
For Victorya is so damned uptight
Until the moment when we get to Bryant Park
and show how fierce we really are.