Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sense of Wonder

Complicated being that is human

Diverse as we may be, bound by features

Of similarity our worlds are brought

To life. Glory be the senses through which

Joy can be found. Five great gifts bestowed,

Defines, refines the nature of our being.

Smells I love in morning, coffee with a

Cinnamon roll. Sugary spice delight.

Warming, robust comfort, I am able

To breathe it in. Smells I love in summer,

Fresh cut grasses of green. Aroma of

Revival; lovely, lively energy.

Tastes I love to savor, invoke feelings

In me. Popsicles wet and fruity

Return me to the child inside. Giggle

Silly dancing, memories come alive.

Tastes I love everlasting, the classic

Peppermint. Soothing and peaceful coating,

My belly it always helps. It freshens

Cleanly confidence. Flavor of my choice.

Sounds I love exploding. Fireworks shake

My soul. Farts that break a silence always

Make me laugh. Sounds I love a melody.

Transform through time and space. Soft reminders.

Sights I love their wonder. The amazement

Beheld in nature. Turquoise rippling waves

Thrust sunny, sandy tendrils onto shore.

Powdered, pristine mountain range, stairway through

The sky. Ecocentric beauty defined.

Touches I love and live for. Hot, naked

Embrace. Twangled limbs and lips. Deep pleasure.

Fervorous, forceful, fantastic feeling.

Glory be the senses, accept my praise.

No comments: