Friday, April 18, 2008

Well, I forgot...

Okay, so I forgot the post yesterday. So, in lieu of that...while I agree with everyone that personal crap has no place in the class, I do think it has a place here. Yesterday was the first anniversary of my mother's death. Yeah, I know: boo-hoo, we all go through it, at least we should, the inverse of the scenario is too hard to wrap your head around from their p.o.v. ANYWAY, so I'm secure enough with myself and the situation to apparently use it as an excuse here for not posting yesterday, and, though this is ostensibly b.s. to some, I've got the goods to back it up. The link below goes to my sister's scrapbooking blog (yes, scrapbooking, wanna fight about it?)...she posted something I wrote for eng. 284 last year a week after mom passed...B. Kinsella probably had to peer-review it. It's prose; so I apologize for my loquaciousness. So...it's an investment in time, and a little too precious, but it's my tribute and a snapshot of a tough week in someone's life (*mine). If you hit the link, scroll down to her April 12th post...and try not to get caught up in the insane world of scrapbooking, I hear most of those people have debilitating cocaine addictions.

http://www.gingergrace.typepad.com/

1 comment:

Amanda Hammer said...

Thank you for your beautiful honesty. My husband lost his mother when he was 23 years old and he will not tell me about her heart condition that led to the aneurysm that killed her. I only know this information from vague conversations he and his brothers sometimes have. But more importantly he will not tell me about her. I don't push but I want him to know that I would love to for him to tell me about the mother-in-law I will never meet. Somehow your words have been a fill in for his missing words. I have not in my 29 years experienced anything as debilitating as what you and my husband have in the loss of your mothers and therefore have little words of comfort or couth to offer. All I can say is thank you. Thank you for sharing a piece of your soul that has given my an peek into the chapter of my husband's life he will not share with me. May you find some form of beauty in this often ugly world that shows you the indescribable peace of standing still for a little while.