Sunday, April 13, 2008

Use Your Wit, Man...

To Walt,
As I sat and read your words that are, somehow, at the same time my words and the words of the world, I found myself filled with an uplifting feeling of lovingkindness that I have not, up to this point in my life, felt before. Your words have stuck with me, and I mean to keep them, as if you were at my side, endlessly whispering them into my ear so that I may never forget. Do you find it strange that I wish to wear you like a headphone, not the one that goes into my ear, but around it, which is much more intimate?
I stumbled across you in a book of verse, and saw other wonderful writers adorn the pages.
Then I saw Pound's work and was pissed off.
Flipping back to you, I let your words flow over me, and soon the weight was taken from me. But bearing it for so long had wearied me, so I set you down. You told me you wanted to stay by me, so I let you, your voice ebbing into my ear.
With you on my ear and in my head, I lay myself down to sleep. But I found no rest that night. Whilst dreaming, your words soon found your body, and your body found me. We breathed each other in a swirl of words. Yours, mine, and those that I could not distinguish as either.
Just as the breathing reached a pointed climax, you announced that daybreak would soon be arriving. But I reminded you that college students today never wake with the sun, and are more apt to rise with the mysterious moon. You let out a bellowing laugh that shook our beings and embraced me. I recall reaching for your beard before everything became a blur and went dark.
Walt, I'm not sure what you did to me, but I'm suspecting foul play. I may have let my inhibitions scatter with the winds, but your words were intoxicating and I was once told that you may still be a virgin, and on top of that, you may have been gay. I told myself I wouldn't hold that against you, but using drugs and alcohol to take advantage of someone isn't socially acceptable in this era. I hope we can move past this and resume being friends someday soon.
Clenchingly,
Kyle Simkins

No comments: