Friday, April 11, 2008

Homage

The waterfall quietly falling in my room, no water splashes, no pools on the carpet.

Quietness is not a barrier, it is an advantage. When people talk to much they don’t hear what others say but when you listen you hear everything.

I do not know everything, actually compared to everyone, I know nothing.

I am ready to scream at the top of my lungs, letting my voice out will free me but it will also turn me red.

When the garbage man grabs hold of his truck does he ever wonder if he will fall off, and roll and roll in the street until he comes to a halt?

Sometimes I like the summer but sometimes I don’t, it’s hard to like it when it rains, but the rain washes away all the imperfections.

It washes away the chalk on the sidewalks cleaning the slate for the next child to scribble on.

It washes the animals so we do not have to go out and clean the bears, and fox, and sheep, because eventually they are going to need to bathe.

It washes away dirt on the streets, leaves crispy and brown from the hot sun, it cools the pavement and asphalt.

So rain isn’t that bad unless you’re a lifeguard I suppose.

I do not like to act like I know everything, because I could make a mistake and don’t get me wrong because mistakes are made, but not by me.

Winter is the most beautiful and exciting season to me at least. It is unexpected, it can snow, rain, hail, or the sun could be out.

Winter gets the bad end of the deal because it is cold. Boo hoo. There has to be something stopping the bright orange, crunchy girls from laying in the sun everyday. On the bright side it is something to laugh about.

How the airplane even attempts to leave the ground will always be a mystery to me.

When you come to a halt you shouldn’t turn around but keep on going, because there is more ahead of you then behind.

The past is in the past and sometimes you just have to get over it, dwelling over things just drags them further and further with you.
The healthier you are inside the healthier you will appear on the outside, and people will definitely notice the difference.

When I walked around the pond as a child I wondered if I should ever grow tired of this place, could I see myself walking around twenty years later.

The ice was dangerous, and I held my body up with my legs bitter.

The pond had to dry up one day but I didn’t think I would ever see it. Should I be happy that wildlife is dead but we have a few more homes?

The construction worker sees wandering children as wolves ready to strike at their prey.

A newly built house is a playground for bored children, and I pride myself when I find the glued together row of nails, or boards scattered about.

I love the sun. It soaks color in my skin, and makes the breeze enjoyable to smell. I love laying on the warm concrete after a dip in the pool.

Words seem to jumble my thoughts, and somehow I can express myself more in my head then with the words coming out of my mouth.

I get excited when I have an idea because a good idea only comes once in awhile, if you use too many they will only be ideas.

Do You realize that I know when you are staring at me, because I am different, and that makes me special.

I read when I want to be alone and that comforts me, because everyone knows not to bother me.

I read to escape from normal life, even if only for a few minutes. I read to have fun

I think nature has its own way of telling the human race that we are messing up, otherwise we wouldn’t have tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes.

November has always been my favorite month because my birthday is in it, but I also love watching the leaves falling off the trees and raking them up in my yard.

Gloves are no good when you put them on after having them sit in the freezer all day.

I love life and I love living life! Ands I have found someone that I want to live life with.

Contradiction is a way of life and everyone does it, but is there a more intricate purpose to why we do it?

1 comment:

J. Hyde said...

Actually Erin, it's been determined that everyone knows when they're being stared at. Grad students at Princeton did an experiment in Central Park where they perched a sniper on a rooftop with a telescopic lens. He would train his sights on people sunning in the park and communicate with a spotter on the ground. Invariably, the person who was being watched (from a mile away) would begin to act as if they knew they were being watched. Each time, the person switched spots within five minutes of the initial telescopic fix. This was opposed to a control group of sunbathers who lay on each side, immobile, for upwards of twenty minutes! PsychiC?