Friday, April 11, 2008

4-12

I am the small child that loses his mother in a terrible accident

Breathless, hopeless and lacking in all happiness

I am all the tears that fell from hardened eyes and hardened hearts.

I am the arms they fall into, the wrinkled hairless arms that wrap themselves around his heart.

I am there for them when they chose to need me.

I am the chocolate they unwrap.

I’m their first smile since.

You are the arms as well, aiding me in the warmth

You are the safety net with me, friend.

You and I are the arms, the tears, the comfort together.

I am his hair, his roots, his long silk that makes it past his shoulder blades.

I am the comb that makes it through the knots and the ends

Everyone takes my side as we make it through the beginnings, the ends, and the mids.

I am the water within the fruit that is given to his family

I am the first bite of food in months

Their bellies swell, their feet in pain

Their hearts along for the ride

I am the orange, the strawberry, the health and the tears of happiness

I am the cloud that moves them through each day

They are in my clothing

They are in my heart

They are my heart.

He is my thoughts as the wind and wiggle through and through

He is my pillow and my comfort as I lie awake on sleepless nights

He and her, and you and him, they and them, me and you.

He is the house I call my own

The roof over my head and the love in my heart

He is behind every smile that I give on behalf of the good I have done

In wrapping my self around the pain

I am his pain, I have taken it

I am his growth and his learning, his pencil in his hand

She is the strength behind his bones

In between the muscles and the tissue and the pain

She is the heart that beats the blood through the cuts and the pores

She is me, I am her, she is him and he is me.

We are all the same

Tied together, with only a smile I’d hope

We are the tears the pain the heartbreak of loss and love and growth

We are the soldiers that fight on our behalf days and nights and all of the months and years.

We, together friend, are the hair the roots the long silk that makes the dos and do nots of this America.

No comments: