Friday, April 11, 2008

Homage to Whitman

I sit my weary ass on this sit-in-spin of a chair, whirling around like the drunkard's mouth on the bottle. I LOVE YOU DRUNKARD! You are who you are; as naked as the day you were born; inhibitions thrown to the wind, but trampled by the scorners.

I think we should all be drunk; drunk on life, and the love that we are all capable of giving.

I have love for the little hussy in the corner, making available her whole being for a one night adornment. I have love for the middle-aged man, trying to regain his youth with the help of the sips from his little Red Bull beverage. I love these beautiful beings because there is something in them that lives in me, and thus lives in one another.

As for those scorners, of which i've been, come off your high horses and sit on your ass as I do. The air is scarce down here, and the mind can better judge. Too much of anything can cloud judgement. If we all sit on our asses, we can better see the way we share so much of this world. We share breath, hormones, thoughts , and life.

Why should we scorn the little whorey girls, the tight-lipped virgins, the casanovas, and the FREAKS? We are all FREAKS, who tread on a thin line around one another, thinking no one can understand that inner freak, that closet rowdy, that silent sheep, but the truth of the matter is that we bloom when allowing another in our wierd little lives. It can cut us down to that tiny little thread we tread on, but can shoot us into that exasperating air.

In the end we land on our asses, not our feet, for we are not cats, we are humans. so give that person you scorn the love you would want for yourself. See how light your thoughts are, and how heavy your heart becomes, balancing the negative and the positive that within us exist. I LOVE MYSELF, BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!

No comments: