Saturday, April 12, 2008

Homage

My son and I
rolled down the humps
of the field
flattening dandelion walls and
painting ourselves streaks of green
I plucked a hair from it's back
it yelped
Sandwiched between thumbs
I kissed it and made music
My son beamed, show me
we laughed and played our greatest hit
What is the grass
I smiled and handed him the book
Oh, well what are the clouds
They are the balloon animals of God
Or perhaps
They are the hats for imagination
Or maybe
They are tear filled sponges
Or angelic pillow forts
Well that one's a bunny
Where are you guys
You are going to miss
Life
The game had already started
What is the score
It doesn't matter
everyone is a winner
says the loser
no one can win if nobody loses
says the winner
nobody wins
chimed death
Embrace those you love and
those you have never met
Live life to the fullest
that's how you win

No comments: