Saturday, April 26, 2008

Admiration

There is every reason to believe that we are fucked.

An earthquake shook my cats and the

Neurotic man lying next to me.

I say it is tornado season not earthquake season

And the wind took my second scoop of ice cream

And threw it on the ground.

My creamy happiness landed in an anthill.

I cursed at mother nature and she sent her

Cronies to clean up the mess.

Of all the insects, ants like mint chocolate chip

The best.

Or perhaps I’m just searching, guessing

At my place in the order of things, insects, earthquakes.

Because I don’t have it figured out or I do and then

Mother nature shakes my cats in Illinois and then

I don’t again.

But this day when I sometimes step on bugs

Because I am not superior just larger

Admire the living specks of chocolate chip ants

In the milky green

And just admire.

No comments: