Saturday, January 26, 2008

Women Seek Their Revenge

Authors Note: I found this assignment really challenging because the entire idea made me uncomfortable. It was hard for me to sit down and think in this way, and I apologize if it doens't make sense because I was just trying to get something down.


The man continued walking up to the

main plateau and stood in front of the crowd

of beautiful women, eyed opened wide

The wretched beast ripped the man of his clothing

the beautiful women began reading

the list of sins the men had committed

Adultery was first, oblivious wives

read aloud the punishment they wished on

the men they had slaved for year after year

“Break his three lower ribs and extend his

neck so he may feel what it is to choke,

strong heavy hands never letting him up.”

Abusers were next, pathetic whores read

the verses of their stories ending in blood

upon their broken lips and between their legs

“Push him flat, against a bed of nails and

Sharpen a razor thin to place within

The small hole from which he relieves himself.”

I could not bare to watch as the main screamed

hands tied, with no chance to defend himself

tears fell from my eyes with pity and shame .


67-69

I felt like I needed to have the man going somewhere.

70-72

I wanted the men to be naked so they would know what it feels like to stand in front of a crowd of the opposite sex with nothing to hide. They had so much to hide in their previous life, why should they be able to do that here?

73-75

I felt like the women needed to get back, but in reality it wasn't really the woman they had betrayed. I was really struggling, I guess for me it was a way for me to get back at a man who had betrayed me. I think after everything they had put the woman through, she should get a chance to seek her revenge hypthetically

76-78

It was really hard for me to write such a pervertedthing, but it something I think men fail to realize. And this entire part, for me, is about how men didn't realize what they were doing was wrong, so therefor they should have to experience it.

79-81

The whores that were sold by the pimps, I tried to make a connection between the actual poem and my additions.

82-84

A man doesn't know what its like to be raped, I figured I'd like to mimic what women go through along with loss of pride.

No comments: