Thursday, January 31, 2008

oh praise thy not so yellow brick road

To thine not so yellow brick road I praise

my seventeen year old road to thy first love

That dubious night time gleam from the lake

of which danced through his dark brown eyes



My head upon his heart hearing the beat

of the rythm to which his life exhaulted

His hands through my locks making waves

all through the inside of its deepest oceans



Upon that not so yellow brick road I praise

the dark dangling sky of which I could not

resist. Running with nothing but darkness ahead

my thoughts as empty as its magical hollowness.



Upon that dangling hollowness I praise that

squadron of starlets of which I made hasty

wishes of which evaporated into the nothingness

quaking from the reality of the situationos.



Upon that not so yellow brick road I praise

my swift steps into the purest of all worlds

Steps that beat my body down where not

even the Prefontaine could subdue with speed



And upon that not so yellow brick road I praise

the swelterous beaming rays of the sun which

soak me with persperous malouderousness

into which humidity sucketh all my electrolytes.



To thine not so yellow brick road I find lonliness

where I looked for the lake's ocean breeze and that

smell of his hair and the touch of those gazing browns

of which turned grey with seasons of time passing.



To thy yellow brick road paved with praise

that found me back into the arms of its' memory.

No comments: