Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hymn of Praise to the ocean

Incomparably to the striking rose
The simplest hues together create
A magnificent arrangement of abyss
From the shattered shore the sparkling crystal
Blanket roars and crashes over and over,

Time and time again with enormous force
Yet it’s calm, exquisite, endless, warm, cold,
Openness is soothing and its own world
Left untouched we can not force it to move
In and out, back and forth, up and down it sways

Where it starts, I sit and wonder how it breathes
So full of life that we can not see or hear
On the shattered shore I sit with others
Staring, staring, staring and staring still
No one seems to look away, afraid to blink

What is there to miss? Nothing, nothing there
How can something with nothing be beautiful?
I sit in my half broken chair all day
Drinking my ice water, all day just watching
Scorched walking down shattered shells it hits me

Splash! Splash! Splash! Devouring my legs
So much more beautiful up close it looks
Small silver sparkles brushing past my feet
But no matter where I stand they don’t hit me
Swirling around my ankles so far from home

I look around and my chair is long gone
Like magic I am drifting through the hues
The sparkling crystals all around my body
How can anything be so beautiful?
It’s incomparably to the striking rose

No comments: